The Ranch - New Beginning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crossing Paths

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Crossing Paths Empty Crossing Paths

Post  SkyeAzuara Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:29 pm

Slumping in the front seat of Jack's pickup, Skye gazed out the windshield, watching the scenery as it whizzed by. Dusk was falling, and soon it would be dark, they'd have to look for a place to stop eventually, but for now, she didn't mind the travel. She was comfortable, having switched from Sarah's van at their last stop.

"Funny," she murmured over the soft blues that wafted from the radio's speakers, "how we all kind of found each other, and already are forming a group." She smiled, reaching to stroke Chump's head. "We even found good people, I like them."
SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Crossing Paths Empty Re: Crossing Paths

Post  AudieFitch Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:01 am

Crossing Paths CryingCrossing Paths Tumblr_lrktnhGWNt1qe16m1o1_500

"They made us." Rave glanced at the girl in the seat next to him and grinned. "This oughta be fun. They ain't gonna know what hit 'em. And we'll have ourselves a nice ride, too."

Angel laughed and nodded. "I never have been in an ambulance before. Don't know why we didn't think of it sooner!" Laughing, she watched the two vehicles ahead of them, knowing they were trying to evade them, and knowing they would fail. Their small group had done this before, and their leader had them well organized. Once they made their move, two women wouldn't stand a chance.

"I can't wait to play with the lights and sirens!" she continued, turning her attention back to her companion.

"Well, call an' find out what we're supposed ta do," Rave said, tightening his grip on the wheel. He was bored and ready for any kind of action.

Grabbing the mike of the CB, Angel keyed up. "Hey, what's th' plan? We're ready back here."

OFF:
Someone else gets to be the big Kahuna bad guy!
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:43 am

"Funny," she murmured over the soft blues that wafted from the radio's speakers, "how we all kind of found each other, and already are forming a group." She smiled, reaching to stroke Chump's head. "We even found good people, I like them."

"Yah, I suppose of those that survived there's as many good as not." Jack said keeping his eyes ahead, even though there were not as many vehicles in the road as they had encountered before. "Hopefully we'll find us a place to hole up for a while and figure out just what we're going to do. Aimlessly driving's not bad, but before long there won't be any power, which means the gas pumps won't work." he saw the light on his CB twinkle, it was turned down, but there was someone out there keyed up.
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

http://nevadagunfighters.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Sullivan Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:32 am

Sarah kept a slight distance from the lead vehicle, just in case they ran into an ambush. Her rifle was in easy reach, fully loaded, though the safety was on. Unfortunately, it wasn't capable of fully automatic fire, but the Englishwoman knew how to shoot - she'd been on enough bird-shoots in her time, and could quite easily hit a moving target. As for being able to take a life when the bullets started flying - that was something she'd only find out whether or not she could do it as and when it finally happened.

She hoped that day would be a long way off.

She kept her lights dimmed - didn't want to give TOO much advance warning of their presence, in case hostiles were about She scanned the sides of the road as they drove, though as the light failed she could see less and less; still, any warning was better than none.
Sarah Sullivan
Sarah Sullivan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Adams Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:50 pm

Rachel peered out towards the heavy snow laden clouds that were coming in, the wind was picking up. She took a glance in the rear view mirror towards the ambulance that Audie was driving. Tney had gotten out of the city and were rolling down one of the country roads.According to her map about eight miles ahead the road will branch off into a four way stop, to the left it led towards the old highway, to the right it would take them back into town.Forwards would keep them heading the same way, away from Paul's Ranch.

The road gently curved to the right, then to the left, trees growing along the ditch, where water had flowed but was frozen over. Rachel reached over to turn on the radio to listen to something besides the sound of the road going beneath the wheels or the engine of Paul's truck. She clicked on the radio, there was nothing but static, she changed to other stations deciding not to play with it anymore.

She noticed that she and Audie had lost two of their tails, Rachel sort of relaxed, she figured that she and Audie could double back through town and then head on towards The Ranch.

Keying the hand unit, Sharpe answered immediately. "Its a go, pick up the speed and get them to move quicker. I've got the others in place, and we'll pin them on the old highway, might be able to force them into a ditch, We don't want them to get back to town."

He then called his other people, "You ready? They'll be coming your way."

(OOC: Anyone like to add to the next bad guy? Very Happy )
Rachel Adams
Rachel Adams
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeAzuara Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:15 pm

"Yah, I suppose of those that survived there's as many good as not." Jack said keeping his eyes ahead, even though there were not as many vehicles in the road as they had encountered before. "Hopefully we'll find us a place to hole up for a while and figure out just what we're going to do. Aimlessly driving's not bad, but before long there won't be any power, which means the gas pumps won't work." he saw the light on his CB twinkle, it was turned down, but there was someone out there keyed up.

Skye nodded, hugging her arms around herself. "Well, I'm glad we're not alone...I mean, not that that would be bad, but I'm glad we met up with good people." Grinning, she shrugged. "And I'm glad that Sarah doesn't have to be alone. Max can take care of himself, but...as a single female, I know I'd be terrified if I had to be alone."

Black clouds hung on the horizon, promising rain, or more likely, snow. "Hopefully, we can find a safe building for the night, or we're going to be huddling together for warmth!"
SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:57 pm

She noticed that she and Audie had lost two of their tails, Rachel sort of relaxed, she figured that she and Audie could double back through town and then head on towards The Ranch.

Keeping a watch in the rear view mirrors, Audie relaxed a little as the vehicles that had been behind them fell away. Even so, she would be happy to be back at the ranch, and realized that she didn't know the way, or really where they were in relation to it. She wasn't from the area and had neglected to pay attention on the way out.

For a while she had chatted with Arnie...or, more correctly, had rattled on as the girl sat silently...but Arnie had finally fallen asleep, at least, that's how it appeared, and now she just hummed to herself, hoping that they beat the storm home.
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:18 am

Grinning, she shrugged. "And I'm glad that Sarah doesn't have to be alone. Max can take care of himself, but...as a single female, I know I'd be terrified if I had to be alone."

"I'd have to agree with that though I hate the idea that we left him behind." Jack said. "But better him or me and not either of you girls out here alone. I'm not sure laws and morals will be holding up for very long."

Black clouds hung on the horizon, promising rain, or more likely, snow. "Hopefully, we can find a safe building for the night, or we're going to be huddling together for warmth!"

"I've got an eye out for someplace because you're right. Either rain or snow. Personally, I'll take the rain, we won't leave tracks on wet pavement. Man, I sound paranoid!" Then he laughed lightly. "Well, better safe than sorry I suppose. Best we're safe and for now, we're a ways from a town."
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Adams Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:05 pm

The road straightened out, the miles passed by and Rachel saw the intersection coming up. Turning on the blinker to go right, Rachel moved into the correct lane. Making certain there wasn't any incoming traffic, Rachel made her turn to go down the road when she noticed two cars approaching at a fast rate of speed from the right. Rachel cranked the steering wheel to the left aborting her progress down the road back to town. The wheels skidded a little the caught their grip once more.

It looked like they were going to have to head for the old highway instead. Gritting her teeth together, Rachel prayed they would get out of this situation. Audie, she figured was a competant driver and felt that the woman could follow.

"Okay boss got them on the run and headed in the direction ya want them going." the other drivers radioed Sharpe. Sharpe radioed Rave and Angel.

"Alright, your move!"
Rachel Adams
Rachel Adams
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Audie had settled easily into the driving and was actually enjoying herself, at least as much as the circumstances allowed. Arnie was clearly asleep, her breathing regular and deep, her slack form held in place by the seatbelt.

When Rachel started to turn, but then swerved back onto the original path, Audie had to hit the brakes to avoid hitting her. The sudden deceleration threw Arnie forward and the girl woke with a shout.

"Hey! What'er you doing?"

"Sorry, change of plans." Audie shrugged, noticing the cars on the side street accelerating toward them. Stepping on the gas, she wished that there was a way she could communicate with Rachael, but she figured that the other woman's change of plans indicated that she was aware of the cars headed their way.

As she glanced in the rear-view mirror, the cars turned on the road behind them causing her to glance at Arnie. "I think those cars might be following us," she told the girl. "Things might be getting dicey in a few minutes..."
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:15 pm

"Alright, your move!"

Rave grinned, stomping on the accelerator. It was about time they got to do something! The car they were in was old, but it was American made, a 'muscle car'...a Firebird, and it was agile as well as fast. The truck and ambulance didn't stand a chance...
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeAzuara Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:01 pm

"I've got an eye out for someplace because you're right. Either rain or snow. Personally, I'll take the rain, we won't leave tracks on wet pavement. Man, I sound paranoid!" Then he laughed lightly. "Well, better safe than sorry I suppose. Best we're safe and for now, we're a ways from a town."

"Paranoid is a form of survival, right?" She looked over at him with a wry smile, then shrugged. "I never would have dreamed that this was how I'd end up getting away from home. Vacation is one thing, but this..." Sighing, she chuckled. "I always wanted to do some traveling, but I always planned on going home, too. Now..Man, I didn't ever count on living in a completely different world."

SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:04 am

"Best we're safe and for now, we're a ways from a town."

"Paranoid is a form of survival, right?" She looked over at him with a wry smile, then shrugged. "I never would have dreamed that this was how I'd end up getting away from home. Vacation is one thing, but this..." Sighing, she chuckled. "I always wanted to do some traveling, but I always planned on going home, too. Now..Man, I didn't ever count on living in a completely different world."

Jack looked at her and there was a pang of remorse. His family was, well, probably gone. So many were, and home? Home was where he sat for the moment. There would likely be no going back. His whole world was down to a truck, a girl and her dog, and two pretty good people. He knew that they had been lucky so far, all he could hope for was that their luck would hold. "Yah, well, like they told us, things change. But I'm with you, this is not what I saw coming. Not what I planned for my future." He paused. "But this is what we've got for now, bleak as it may seem."
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Adams Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:42 pm

Rachel's mouth went dry and she wished she had something to take the parched feeling away. Her heart pounding, she took a quick look in the rearview mirror, relieved that Audie was able to make the quick change. Her foot pushed down even harder on the gas pedal, the needle on the accelerator climbing above the speed limit. Rachel didn't care she wanted to get as much distance away from the pack of 'hounds' that were coming after them. Some of the cars were faster and sleeker than the powerful truck Rachel was driving. And from the side mirror, Rachel could see those cars pulling up.

She didn't know if they were going to try to force her and Audie off the road, Rachel braced herself just in case.The yellow and white lines flash by as Rachel sped on... a curve was coming up the other cars had flashed by. Rachel had to quickly twist the steering wheel hitting the brakes and skidding to the other lane for her path was blocked off. Rachel quickly caught her breath and take a look to see if Audie was alright. She also grabbed her shotgun, it was loaded and ready.
Rachel Adams
Rachel Adams
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeAzuara Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:34 am

Jack looked at her and there was a pang of remorse. His family was, well, probably gone. So many were, and home? Home was where he sat for the moment. There would likely be no going back. His whole world was down to a truck, a girl and her dog, and two pretty good people. He knew that they had been lucky so far, all he could hope for was that their luck would hold. "Yah, well, like they told us, things change. But I'm with you, this is not what I saw coming. Not what I planned for my future." He paused. "But this is what we've got for now, bleak as it may seem."

Glancing over at him, Skye smiled. "Well, I'm glad that you came through when you did. I don't think that things back home are getting any better and I'd hate to be there alone...or on the road alone." Slumping a little in the seat, she added, "Papa would be grateful to you." She laughed and shook her head. "If I didn't know better, I'd say he arranged this." While she hadn't known Jack well, she did know that he was a good man, honest and reliable, someone she could trust.
SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:11 am

Swearing under her breath, Audie glanced in the mirrors at the cars converging on them, then up ahead to the curve that Rachael was negotiating. She had enough experience with the top-heavy vans to know that she would have to slow down considerably to make the turn, and that that would give the cars chasing them (for it was now evident that that was the case) a chance to catch up to them, and there was no way the lumbering ambulance would outrun them.

There was only one option...making things happen on her terms. "Hang on tight!" she called to the girl beside her, then she braced herself and slammed on the brakes. The van skidded to a stop, the anti-lock brakes helping to maintain control as they careened into the bushes and trees at the end of the curve.

Once they stopped, Audie was on the move, leaning back to the opening between the cab and compartment. There was a cabinet there, and she yanked this open, then tossed out the contents. "Get in there!" she ordered the girl, who, smug look gone, nodded mutely and did as asked. Audie slammed the cabinet closed, then gripped her pistol and scrambled into the patient compartment, hoping that the thugs would check the cab first.

Hunkering down between the jumpseat and the gurney, she gripped the pistol and prayed...
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Crossing Paths Cassie
Huddled in the confines of the cabinet, Arnie was beginning to think that she would have been better off staying at the hospital with all the dead people. At least they didn't chase after you and try to kill you!

While she would have preferred to run, she was stuck here now, hoping that whoever was chasing them was more interested in who was in the ambulance than what was in it.
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Sullivan Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Sarah rubbed the back of her neck to keep herself awake. The driving was tiring, especially after the long drive south that had taken her here. There was no point trying to stay wake listening to the radio - there was nothing but silence on the airways. No stations were broadcasting, at least none that she could pick up. Civilisation was on its way out ...

She corrected the steering as the icy roads caused the car to skid. The whiteness surrounding them was causing her eyes to ache, and the sooner they found refuge, the better.

Sarah Sullivan
Sarah Sullivan

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:07 pm

"Woo hoo!" Angel cheered as the ambulance careened off the road, then glanced at Rave, grinning. "Got 'em!"

"Looks that way." Rave was concentrating on his driving, quickly closing the gap between them and the ambulance. "Remember, we're not supposed to kill anyone...yet." His grin was feral. Another few seconds and they'd be on their prey. It was up to Sharpe to decide if he wanted to keep after the truck or come back in hopes that the occupants of the truck would come back for their friends...
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Adams Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Crossing Paths Sharpe

Sharpe watched as the Ambulance careened off the road, he picked up the mic and called his drivers, "Let the truck get back to the ambulance, then take them down."

He placed the mic back into its cradle, got back into his car. This should become even more entertaining.

Rachel noticed that Audie wasn't coming around the corner, after her, she moved to put the truck into gear and it stalled out. Mentally she cursed herself for not having paced with Audie.

She pumped the gas, twisted the key, to send a spark back to the plugs to get the truck started once more. It hesitated, not wanting to start, the grinding sound of the crankshaft trying to engage.Whir, whir.. then nothing.

She hit the steering wheel out of frustration, then turned the ignition once more. To her relief the engine roared to life but smelling slightly rich, of the engine almost flooding.

"I'm coming back for you, Audie" she said outloud. "Sorry to have left you behind." Rachel proceeded back the way she came to catch up with Audie and Arnie.
Rachel Adams
Rachel Adams
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:44 am

"Not what I planned for my future." He paused. "But this is what we've got for now, bleak as it may seem."

Glancing over at him, Skye smiled. "Well, I'm glad that you came through when you did. I don't think that things back home are getting any better and I'd hate to be there alone...or on the road alone." Slumping a little in the seat, she added, "Papa would be grateful to you." She laughed and shook her head. "If I didn't know better, I'd say he arranged this." While she hadn't known Jack well, she did know that he was a good man, honest and reliable, someone she could trust.

"Funny, you know, sometimes I've thought how things ‘seemed' to be arranged." Jack replied glancing over quickly, then back to an uncertain road ahead of them. "Whatever it was that happened to this country, or at least what we've seen of it, was orchestrated. A heinous terrorist act against the people. By who and why, well, out of my paygrade that's for sure." He paused for another glance. "We'll just make sure we take care to make it out of here in one piece. God willing."
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:45 pm

Rave slid the sedan sideways, stopping a few feet behind the ambulance, that was now sitting at an angle, partly in a ditch, darkened. "We've got him here," he radioed to Sharpe. "He tires to get away, we'll take care if him!" He laughed, glancing at Angel, then slipped out of the car. "Let's go see what we got." Gripping his pistol, he headed around the driver's side of the van, then squatted behind the door, while Angel did the same on the other side, waiting for Sharpe.
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeAzuara Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:36 pm

"Funny, you know, sometimes I've thought how things ‘seemed' to be arranged." Jack replied glancing over quickly, then back to an uncertain road ahead of them. "Whatever it was that happened to this country, or at least what we've seen of it, was orchestrated. A heinous terrorist act against the people. By who and why, well, out of my paygrade that's for sure." He paused for another glance. "We'll just make sure we take care to make it out of here in one piece. God willing."

Skye smiled a little and nodded. "We made it this far, right?" She straightened as headlights rounded a corner some distance ahead of them, then the driver did a U-turn, leaving darkness ahead of Max again. "That was odd," she muttered, watching as Max briefly braked, then accelerated again.
SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:47 am

"We'll just make sure we take care to make it out of here in one piece. God willing."

Skye smiled a little and nodded. "We made it this far, right?" She straightened as headlights rounded a corner some distance ahead of them, then the driver did a U-turn, leaving darkness ahead of Max again. "That was odd," she muttered, watching as Max briefly braked, then accelerated again.

Seeing Rachael make a u turn Jack said; "Now what the hell is that all about?" He muttered, applying the brake gently. The temperature was dropping and that meant ice on the roads. "Something's not right, but we need to take care, I don't want to slide off the road. Maybe you better have a gun ready, I mean, just in case." Jack didn't want to alarm Skye, but, precaution was better than surprise. He made sure his automatic was close to hand, and slowly accelerated again.
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Adams Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:02 am

Sharpe drove up and parked his car just a little bit a ways from Rave and Angel's car, radioed to the others, "Move on in" then walked quietly over towards them. He noticed the headlights of the truck that Rachel was in, coming closer.

"Just like I figured."he said quietly to Rave and Angel."Be ready to move." He pulled out his rifle, and took aim...

Rachel slowed, seeing that there were two cars near the ambulance, her heart started pounding, was Audie alright? She stopped the truck, its engine idling... She didn't see anyone yet turning off the engine but not the lights. She got hold of her shotgun opening the door and stepped out That was when Sharpe shot, missing Rachel but hit the door, Several more shots followed after.

Rachel gave out a yell, dropping to the ground and rolling under the truck to escape. Looking around to see who was firing and to return fire she fired in the general direction of where the shots were fired, causing Sharpe to duck.

While shots were being fired, there were those on foot, after getting out of an old jeep, sneaking towards where the truck was at. Their plan, to catch the other driver, pinning him down....Both carrying firearms...one of them a shotgun.
Rachel Adams
Rachel Adams
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum