The Ranch - New Beginning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Security in the Field

2 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Security in the Field - Page 2 Empty Re: Security in the Field

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:42 pm

The skinny Marine tried to eat the burger slowly, to savor the taste. But he just couldn't stop himself. After swallowing the last bite, he said. "It really isn't going to get that bad is it?

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:07 pm

Audie shrugged, leaning back for a moment to let things settle. "I don't know. I mean, I don't want to think it could, but...well, you hope the government will keep things from getting too bad, but they are dying off, too...what if no one is well to run the electrical plants or any of the infrastructure?" Shaking her head, she sat upright and started the truck up. "Let's just hope it doesn't come to that."
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:20 pm

The young Marine couldn't help but chuckle. He knew it was not funny. But the irony of it kind of was. "And here I always thought it would be better if all the politicians died off."

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm

"No kidding." Audie chuckled, turning onto a small, tree lined side street. The yards around the duplexes were neatly maintained, and the buildings themselves in decent shape, although some were in need of paint. She turned into the driveway of a single story unit that was painted in light tan with brown trim. Colorful flowers lined the walk to the front door, and a small gargoyle gazed down at them from the gutter.

"This is it, not much, but it's home." As she opened the door, she was greeted by a big orange cat. "And that's Buster."
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:13 pm

Kendal took in the view of the small apartments and followed her inside. He wasn't sure if he was supposed to pet the cat or ignore it. Hes never had a pet himself so he doesnt know how to deal with them. "Nice place. Much better than the barracks I lived in at the school house."

"Do you mind if I take this gortex and blouse off?"

(OOC:) The Gortex is the waterproof coat he would be wearing, same digital cammie pattern as his cammies

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:56 pm

"No, go ahead." Audie shrugged, bending to untie her boots and pet the cat. "Didn't think about it, but I don't have anything for you to change into. Don't mind you prowling in your chones, though." After all, she had worked 24 hour shifts with men, so seeing them in their boxers was nothing. "Besides, I've always wondered if you Marine-types have cammo undies." Grinning, she straightened and kicked off her shoes.

The place was a decent size, a living area that gave way to the dining area and kitchen, then a hallway that separated the two rooms and bathroom. Pictures and posters of everything from the Blue Angels, masted sailing ships, carousel horses and castles cluttered the walls and clear round ornaments hung from the ceiling, looking like bubbles. Various shelves and cases held numerous knick-knacks and figurines. The furniture was vintage Salvation Army.

"Spare room's back here." Audie led the way, entering the room ahead of him and gathering papers, books and stuffed animals from the Victorian iron-frame bed. The rest of the room was furnished with crowded bookcases and more shelves of stuff. Audie was clearly a packrat.

"I'll leave some towels in the bathroom for you if you want to shower."
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:22 am

Kendal unzipped the gortex coat and hung it by the door, then unbuttoned his cammie blouse and did the same which revealed the pistol he was still carrying. Before following he quickly unlaced his boots and kicked them off next to her shoes.

"Naw we don't have cammie boxers. But I um, kinda go commando."
He looked over the decorations and smiled to himself.

"You spent a lot of time collecting this stuff huh?"

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:25 pm

"Naw we don't have cammie boxers. But I um, kinda go commando."

"Oh? Um, regimental, huh? I guess I can find something..." Her cheeks blushed red.

He looked over the decorations and smiled to himself. "You spent a lot of time collecting this stuff huh?"

"All my life!" She chuckled, shrugging. "Well, most of it, anyway. So..um, I'm going to get out of this monkey suit, so make yourself at home...well, except I'd appreciate it if you don't smoke inside. There's a back patio you can use...you know, so you and your commando don't shock the neighbors!"

AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:18 am

Kendal liked the flush of her cheeks. It showed that she wasn't like the typical women that he befriended.

"Oh, I think its too cold to go parading around with him hanging out for the whole world to see. Besides I'm kind of shy. And its ok I can just sleep in my trousers.They're actually pretty comfortable."

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:06 pm

"Oh, I think its too cold to go parading around with him hanging out for the whole world to see. Besides I'm kind of shy. And its ok I can just sleep in my trousers.They're actually pretty comfortable."

"That works." The color in her cheeks deepened as she ducked into the safety of her room. Still, she couldn't help but call out teasingly, "You haven't named them, have you?"
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:39 pm

Kendal laughed and called back. "Yeah most men do. But ya don't get to know their names less ya plan on meeting em."

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:56 pm

"Kyle and Cartman?" she offered as she closed her bedroom door, laughing.

A yawn stopped her laughing as she gratefully slipped out of her uniform then donned sweats and fuzzy pink slippers. Although she was exhausted, she still felt too wound up to sleep, even though she knew that they had to be up in just a few hours. Even so, she needed a few minutes to wind down.

Padding into the living room, she settled on the couch, folding her legs under her, then turned on the TV. Nearly every channel was news, particularly in light of what was going on in DC, but she'd had enough of that...they'd been living it, and she needed something else.

Flipping through the stations, it seemed hopeless, until finally, there was something else. To her amusement, the only thing besides news she could find was South Park!
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:41 am

Kendal laid on the bed for a few minutes, then he heard the TV. He was also still pretty wound up. When he rolled over the pistol on his side poked him, reminding him that it was still there. So he pulled it from its holster, dropped the mag, and emptied the chamber, then set it on the nightstand, and walked out into the living room. "Mind if I join you?"

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:41 am

Audie glanced over her shoulder at his question, then nodded and patted the seat beside her, scrunching up a bit to give him room. "Pull up a chair...well, couch! Hope you don't mind..." she shrugged, glancing at the TV. "It was all that's on besides news."
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Kendal sat down on the couch, trying not to get so close to her that it was uncomfortable, and said. "Hey Im not going to complain. All Ive had since I got here is radio static in the gun truck."

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:22 pm

"Ah, so beggars can't be choosers?" Chuckling, she passed him the remote. "See if you have any better luck. So, what do you listen to when you have the chance? I don't mind if you want to listen to stuff in the ambulance." She yawned again, slouching a little. "Of course, a few minutes of Country and I want to stab pokers in my ears!"
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:03 pm

Kendal laughed and took the remote from her. "Well I guess we will have to keep the pokers away from you then. Cause I like Country. But also like Rock."

The young Marine flipped through the channels, and finally settled on VH1.

He looked over at the pretty redhead and said. "Yeah I know, I know. It isn't the right kind of rock. But I always had fun making fun of the videos."

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:34 pm

Audie yawned again, then shrugged. "Yeah, I guess there's a lot of chance to do that. I grew up on classical and oldies...my folks didn't like modern stuff...wasn't forbidden to lissen to it bu' they jus' di'n'..." Her voice faded as her eyes grew heavy, but then she jumped slightly and shook her head. "Anyway, I like Celtic rock and show tunes and some classical...not real slow stuff...well, ok, I like Bolero an' Rhaps'dy in Blue...that ain't classical, but...yeah, goo' stuff like Tchicof'see an' Ravel an'...um, Genesis, toooo..."

Finally, her eyes closed as she slumped against him, fast asleep...
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:36 am

Kendal smirked to himself when she passed out and fell against him. He carefully picked her up, and carried her to her bed, then gently laid her down, and went back out to the living room to sit on the couch.

Within minutes he too was fast asleep. Minutes after he passed out so did the power.

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Audie's alarm startled her awake and she rolled over, slapping her hand onto the danged thing, silencing it. Groaning, she started to sit, remembering belatedly that she had been on the couch last she could remember...and realizing that it was inordinately dark in the room. The street lights outside were out.

Finally sitting, she reached to turn on the light, but it was out as well. Shaking her head, she swore under her breath as she groped in the bedside table and pulled out her flashlight, then got up reluctantly. She was still achy from the flu shot and exhausted from lack of sleep, but someone had to do the work, and she was one of the few who weren't debilitated. She felt an obligation to get to work.

Padding quietly into the kitchen, she found some candles, then headed to the bathroom for a candlelight shower. When she was done, she'd wake her guest and they could do something for breakfast..at least the stove was gas, and should work.
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:39 am

Kendal woke up when he heard Audie walking through the kitchen, but before he could lift his aching body from the couch she had already vanished into the bathroom.

After working his neck back and forth for a few moments he stood and shuffled into the kitchen, and found that the power was still off. "Great, no coffee."

Then mother nature hit him so he went to see if there was a second bathroom.

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Audie wasn't one to primp, especially in the dark, so it only took her a few minutes to shower and dry. After wrapping a towel around her head, she slipped quickly into a tee shirt and shorts, something she normally didn't do. But with a guest...well, she wasn't going to prance around naked!

Carrying a candle, she stepped out of the bathroom to find Kendal up. "Morning. How'd you sleep?" She smiled, handing him a flashlight. "Here, this will help. Give me a minute and I'll get us some coffee and breakfast. Going to have to be eggs and pancakes...that sound good?"
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:42 am

"Slept good, it was the waking up part that hurt." Said the young Marine as he took the flashlight from her.

It took him a few minutes for his brain to put together the rest of what she said. But when it did he asked. "Coffee, eggs? How?"

Back to top Go down

Post  AudieFitch Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:51 pm

"Slept good, it was the waking up part that hurt." Said the young Marine as he took the flashlight from her.

Audie laughed. "I'm with ya there!"

It took him a few minutes for his brain to put together the rest of what she said. But when it did he asked. "Coffee, eggs? How?"

"Oh, the stove is gas. It should work without the electricity." She padded into the kitchen and set the candle on the counter, then opened a drawer and dug out a couple more candles, lighting them to enhance the light. "If you want to fill the kettle and put it on, we can get the water going for coffee. How do bacon and cheese omelets sound?" It was kind of fun to be 'roughing it', but she was also hoping the power outage was temporary!
AudieFitch
AudieFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:06 am

Kendal just replied by saying. "Oh! Didn't even think of that." Then went about filling the kettle and set it on the stove. "Yeah, omelets sound great."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next