The Ranch - New Beginning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Azuara's Road House

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Azuara's Road House - Page 3 Empty Re: Azuara's Road House

Post  Jack Burton Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:05 am

“Whoever caused this, which I still don’t want to believe, but somehow I do. Whoever that is, well, I certainly see them looking for survivors. I have no idea how, but if the plan was to eliminate the worlds population I’d say they are well organized and have a back up plan if phase one failed. Pretty dreary stuff, huh?”

"You really think they'll be looking for survivors?" She glanced over at him, alarmed, but realizing his reasoning was sound. "You know, this was wide-spread, worldwide all at once, so it was coordinated. There have to be nuts all over the place, right?" She shuddered at the thought. Bad enough they had caused the virus, but then to hunt down any survivors..?

“Nuts? I don’t think so Skye. I have to believe that this was a well organized, well thought out attack on the population of our planet. God that sounds so sci-fi!” He replied glancing between her and the desolate road as the wipers swept back and forth in their futile attempt to clear the glass of the rain. “I’m not sure how large this organization would be, and who would be involved. Matter of fact I’m having a hard time getting my head around the why of it. But, if they have the manpower, they'll come hunting.”
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

http://nevadagunfighters.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeAzuara Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:36 pm

"Yeah, I guess if they started this, they had to have some way of knowing that they were going to survive...and their families, too, I'd think." Skye frowned as she glanced at Jack. "God, I hope they aren't so insensitive that they'd expose their own families." Not that it really mattered, after all, they were capable of killing everyone else...

"We'd have to disappear," she commented, "go into hiding..." A grim thought, but something they could do...maybe even hook up with other survivors, but the more that were in one place, the easier they would be to spot. "This is insane," she muttered, shaking her head.
SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:08 am

"Yeah, I guess if they started this, they had to have some way of knowing that they were going to survive...and their families, too, I'd think." Skye frowned as she glanced at Jack. "God, I hope they aren't so insensitive that they'd expose their own families." Not that it really mattered, after all, they were capable of killing everyone else...

“No, no I think maybe these whack jobs saved their families, not that I could see anyone wanting to live with a maniac capable of this atrocity. Man, that would be some evildoing son of a . . ., sorry.”

"We'd have to disappear," she commented, "go into hiding..." A grim thought, but something they could do...maybe even hook up with other survivors, but the more that were in one place, the easier they would be to spot. "This is insane," she muttered, shaking her head.

“You picked the right word Skye, insane.” He replied. “This is about as insane an idea as I’ve ever heard. Threats would be one thing, actually attempting to annihilate the human race? For what?” He was getting angry and so he paused, knowing anger would do nothing to help the situation. Just then, a car coming directly at them swerved across their path and careened off the road and flipped in the ditch along side the highway. “Jesus Christ!” Jack bellowed after correcting to avoid a head on. “First car we see in hours and they almost hit us! Man, whew! That was close. Too close.” But he didn’t alter his speed at all. There would be no stopping, no matter how insensitive it seemed. Disappear? “Yeah, you’re right, we’ll need to disappear, and hopefully find some others that have survived.” He looked at his CB.
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeAzuara Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:44 pm

“You picked the right word Skye, insane.” He replied. “This is about as insane an idea as I’ve ever heard. Threats would be one thing, actually attempting to annihilate the human race? For what?”

"Maybe they think there are too many people and somehow they have the right to decide who gets to live?" She shrugged, shaking her head. That it was worldwide showed planning, and that was as scary as the plague itself.

He was getting angry and so he paused, knowing anger would do nothing to help the situation. Just then, a car coming directly at them swerved across their path and careened off the road and flipped in the ditch along side the highway. “Jesus Christ!” Jack bellowed after correcting to avoid a head on. “First car we see in hours and they almost hit us! Man, whew! That was close. Too close.” But he didn’t alter his speed at all. There would be no stopping, no matter how insensitive it seemed. Disappear? “Yeah, you’re right, we’ll need to disappear, and hopefully find some others that have survived.” He looked at his CB.

Skye tensed and closed her eyes as the car came at them, but then looked over her shoulder as they passed the wreckage. "Aren't we going to..." But she understood his reasoning and dropped the rest of the question. "Well, I'm along for the ride, so whatever you think is best," she murmured weakly. "So, tell me about guns...about shooting..."
SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:44 am

“First car we see in hours and they almost hit us! Man, whew! That was close. Too close.” But he didn’t alter his speed at all. There would be no stopping, no matter how insensitive it seemed. Disappear? “Yeah, you’re right, we’ll need to disappear, and hopefully find some others that have survived.” He looked at his CB.

Skye tensed and closed her eyes as the car came at them, but then looked over her shoulder as they passed the wreckage. "Aren't we going to..." But she understood his reasoning and dropped the rest of the question. "Well, I'm along for the ride, so whatever you think is best," she murmured weakly. "So, tell me about guns...about shooting..."

He smiled. “Shooting’s easy Skye. Just get a firm grip, point, and pull the trigger. Some guns kick more than others, and some do more damage than others.” He explained. “Most people don’t want to die, so a gun pointed at them is usually sufficient to end a threat. Others, well, there are those that just need to be shot. My hope is, that we don’t run across the latter. It is possible, but we can hope. I think I’ll teach you to fuel, and I’ll cover you, makes more sense, and I think easier on both of us, but I best teach you to shoot.” He knew their world was about to change and he wanted her ready for that.
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeAzuara Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:24 pm

He smiled. “Shooting’s easy Skye. Just get a firm grip, point, and pull the trigger. Some guns kick more than others, and some do more damage than others.” He explained.

"Sounds simple enough," she commented, although she hoped she had a chance to at least shoot one before actually using one became necessary.

“Most people don’t want to die, so a gun pointed at them is usually sufficient to end a threat. Others, well, there are those that just need to be shot. My hope is, that we don’t run across the latter. It is possible, but we can hope. I think I’ll teach you to fuel, and I’ll cover you, makes more sense, and I think easier on both of us, but I best teach you to shoot.” He knew their world was about to change and he wanted her ready for that.

Skye laughed. "Well, I can get gas, we're not that primitive!" Then she sighed and nodded. "I want to learn, heck, and to drive the truck, too, just for the fun of it." A grin crossed her lips. "Of course, I can't even drive a stick!"

The wind was picking up and debris was flying across the road now as the sky grew darker. Flashes of lightening could be seen up ahead, as well as black sheets indicating heavy rain.
SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:54 am

“I think I’ll teach you to fuel, and I’ll cover you, makes more sense, and I think easier on both of us, but I best teach you to shoot.” He knew their world was about to change and he wanted her ready for that.

Skye laughed. "Well, I can get gas, we're not that primitive!" Then she sighed and nodded. "I want to learn, heck, and to drive the truck, too, just for the fun of it." A grin crossed her lips. "Of course, I can't even drive a stick!"

“Then a truck like this would be a real trick to drive for you, but we’ll be switching to my personal truck, and you’ll have no trouble with it, it’s an automatic, easy to drive and handles a lot better than this big rig.” Jack explained. “Now, we get clear of towns and such, after the weather clears, I’ll teach you to shoot, and your knowing how to fuel? Well that's a big plus.”

[i]The wind was picking up and debris was flying across the road now as the sky grew darker. Flashes of lightening could be seen up ahead, as well as black sheets indicating heavy rain.[I]

“Well, this will keep most off the roads.” He said pointing at the darkness beginning to envelop them. “Makes driving a bit more of a challenge.” Jack flipped on the high beams as the heavy clouds came closer and closer and the rain began to beat down harder. “You know, the cover of a real good storm like this will work to our advantage. Any with bad intentions will likely be holed up someplace dry.”
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeAzuara Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:09 pm

“Well, this will keep most off the roads.” He said pointing at the darkness beginning to envelop them. “Makes driving a bit more of a challenge.” Jack flipped on the high beams as the heavy clouds came closer and closer and the rain began to beat down harder.

"Have to be pretty dedicated to be driving in this," she agreed with a grin. "Just us crazy people!"

“You know, the cover of a real good storm like this will work to our advantage. Any with bad intentions will likely be holed up someplace dry.”

"That's true, but then, maybe they have a point." Even big trucks like this weren't immune to the effects of wind and hail, but still, they were moving fairly slowly and Jack seemed to be dealing with the effects of the wind. But then, he had a good deal more experience with driving in general than she did. "This is like all those slasher movies...dark road, stormy night..." She laughed.
SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Sun May 01, 2011 5:14 am

“You know, the cover of a real good storm like this will work to our advantage. Any with bad intentions will likely be holed up someplace dry.”

"That's true, but then, maybe they have a point." Even big trucks like this weren't immune to the effects of wind and hail, but still, they were moving fairly slowly and Jack seemed to be dealing with the effects of the wind. But then, he had a good deal more experience with driving in general than she did. "This is like all those slasher movies...dark road, stormy night..." She laughed.

“Now that you mention it.” Jack replied. “We’ll just keep moving, granted we’re not going as fast as I’d like at the moment, hopefully that will change if this let’s up just a bit.” He didn’t like having to go slowly, he wanted to make time, get home if there was anyone left to have a home with. He already doubted any he could call family survived, then he shook those thoughts from his mind as he began to tear up. He couldn’t afford sentiment. Like Afghanistan, there was no time for it, because it could get you killed. “We’ll be fine, just keep moving and we’ll get where we’re going.”
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeAzuara Wed May 04, 2011 6:48 pm

“Now that you mention it.” Jack replied. “We’ll just keep moving, granted we’re not going as fast as I’d like at the moment, hopefully that will change if this let’s up just a bit.” He didn’t like having to go slowly, he wanted to make time, get home if there was anyone left to have a home with. He already doubted any he could call family survived, then he shook those thoughts from his mind as he began to tear up. He couldn’t afford sentiment. Like Afghanistan, there was no time for it, because it could get you killed. “We’ll be fine, just keep moving and we’ll get where we’re going.”

Skye nodded, gazing out the window. "Should have brought a bunch of salt," she mused quietly, "or a case of shaving cream. Doesn't that always seem to be what stops the evil zombies?" Leaning back, she closed her eyes as she giggled. "Good thing there aren't zombies!" she murmured. "Besides, I'm more of a romantic comedy person anyway."

Sighing, she relaxed, despite the din of rain and hail pounding down on them, and in no time she was asleep.

(you can get them home if you'd like)
SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Thu May 05, 2011 3:38 am

“We’ll be fine, just keep moving and we’ll get where we’re going.”

Skye nodded, gazing out the window. "Should have brought a bunch of salt," she mused quietly, "or a case of shaving cream. Doesn't that always seem to be what stops the evil zombies?" Leaning back, she closed her eyes as she giggled. "Good thing there aren't zombies!" she murmured. "Besides, I'm more of a romantic comedy person anyway."

“Well, zombies are from the movies, I hope. And the last of those I saw, good old lead stopped them. At least for Mila Jovich.” Jack replied, trying to keep it light. “Not sure about this turning into a romantic comedy, but we can hope.”

Sighing, she relaxed, despite the din of rain and hail pounding down on them, and in no time she was asleep.

The sound of the rain on the truck was a comforting sound, if anything could be comforting. Then the sound of her even breathing added to that, not that she was loud, in fact he could barely make it out. They had a ways to go before fuel would be a problem, hopefully she would sleep until then. Not that he minded her company, in fact he was glad she was along. Better than making this particular run by himself.

Time and the miles rolled under the wheels of the truck and a ways outside of Saint Louis he rolled into what appeared to be a deserted truck stop, even though the lights blazed, showing trucks and cars both parked and apparently stalled where the occupants had expired.. But he saw no one.

He rolled to the pumps and stopped. His hand went to the forty-five automatic, which he had taken time to load with a round in the chamber. He had decided there would be no shutting off the engine at fuel stops. “Skye?”
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeAzuara Thu May 05, 2011 8:57 pm

He rolled to the pumps and stopped. His hand went to the forty-five automatic, which he had taken time to load with a round in the chamber. He had decided there would be no shutting off the engine at fuel stops. “Skye?”

"Huh?" She started a little, blinking, then yawning. "Oh..." She broke into a smile as she realized where she was. "Sorry, didn't mean to fall asleep on you." Sitting straighter, she looked out at the rain. "Are we there?"

SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Mon May 09, 2011 3:28 am

"Huh?" She started a little, blinking, then yawning. "Oh..." She broke into a smile as she realized where she was. "Sorry, didn't mean to fall asleep on you." Sitting straighter, she looked out at the rain. "Are we there?"

“No. We’ve a ways to go yet Skye. Stopping for fuel.” He said without looking at her as he scanned the truck stop. There was nothing moving anywhere. The lights were on, which showed that there bodies in the lot. People had simply dropped where they were when the toxin overtook them.

He opened the door of the cab and started to slide out, looking to the girl he said. “If you need to go inside, we can do that together after I fill up. Keep an eye out for anything. I don’t see anyone moving but that means nothing.”
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeAzuara Tue May 10, 2011 6:58 pm

“No. We’ve a ways to go yet Skye. Stopping for fuel.” He said without looking at her as he scanned the truck stop. There was nothing moving anywhere. The lights were on, which showed that there bodies in the lot. People had simply dropped where they were when the toxin overtook them.

Skye stretched, then glanced out the window. At least for the moment the rain had stopped although the wind was still howling. "Oh, okay." Frankly, she looked forward to the chance to get out and walk around a bit, and Chump could use the break.

He opened the door of the cab and started to slide out, looking to the girl he said. “If you need to go inside, we can do that together after I fill up. Keep an eye out for anything. I don’t see anyone moving but that means nothing.”

"All right." She pused open her door and hopped down, letting the dog out as well. He happily trotted over to a grassy area to do his business as Skye went around to the other side of the truck. "How much farther is it?" she asked, then added, "I could use a pit stop, but I'll wait." She certainly understood the good sense in going together, and honestly had no desire to go near the building alone.
SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Wed May 11, 2011 3:31 am

I don’t see anyone moving but that means nothing.”

"All right." She pused open her door and hopped down, letting the dog out as well. He happily trotted over to a grassy area to do his business as Skye went around to the other side of the truck. "How much farther is it?" she asked, then added, "I could use a pit stop, but I'll wait." She certainly understood the good sense in going together, and honestly had no desire to go near the building alone.

“No long now, hour, hour and a half. We slipped past St. Louis while you were asleep. I pushed it fuel wise, but we’re okay.” He replied as the pump discharged the diesel into the tank. He was a bit on edge, this was something he had never been through, and even Iraq and Afghanistan could not prepare anyone for as eerie a situation as having the world dying around them. It was like every horror movie dealing with mass death all rolled into the truth. “I could use a pit stop as well, maybe grab a snack. I doubt there’s anything to worry about, but I can go in first if you like. Maybe take the dog too.”

It would take a few minuets to fuel up as he had let it run to just past one quarter tank. Something he seldom ever did. “We’ll be good. Like to have the truck full, may have to come back for it. But then again, maybe not if we head west once we get my pickup.” The pump shut off and Jack topped it off before replacing the nozzle on the pump. With the automatic tucked in his waist band he looked to the girl. “Okay, ready when you are.”
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeAzuara Fri May 13, 2011 4:53 pm

“Not long now, hour, hour and a half. We slipped past St. Louis while you were asleep. I pushed it fuel wise, but we’re okay.” He replied as the pump discharged the diesel into the tank. He was a bit on edge, this was something he had never been through, and even Iraq and Afghanistan could not prepare anyone for as eerie a situation as having the world dying around them. It was like every horror movie dealing with mass death all rolled into the truth.

"All right." Skye nodded, picking up on his nervousness and looking around as well, although there didn't seem to be anything alive around, which, in and of itself was unsettling.

“I could use a pit stop as well, maybe grab a snack. I doubt there’s anything to worry about, but I can go in first if you like. Maybe take the dog too.”

"How about we all just go together?" she suggested, then her cheeks turned red. "I mean, you know...into the store together, and you can check out the restrooms..." Shrugging, she reached down to scratch Chump's ears.

It would take a few minuets to fuel up as he had let it run to just past one quarter tank. Something he seldom ever did. “We’ll be good. Like to have the truck full, may have to come back for it. But then again, maybe not if we head west once we get my pickup.” The pump shut off and Jack topped it off before replacing the nozzle on the pump. With the automatic tucked in his waist band he looked to the girl. “Okay, ready when you are.”

Nodding, she walked along with him to the mart. The door was open, but the place was indeed deserted, leaving an eerie quiet hanging in the air. "Hurry," she muttered, not liking being there. She stayed close behind Jack as he cleared the ladies room, then left the door ajar as she did her business. Then she leaned against the wall just outside the unclosed door as he took care of his own needs. On the way out, they grabbed munchies, and she snagged a bottle of iced tea.

As they were leaving, Chump trotted out ahead of them, but just as he cleared the doors, his ears pricked up, and in the next instant, he started barking madly and broke into a run, headed around the back of the building.

"Chump!" Without thinking, Skye sprinted after the dog.
SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Tue May 17, 2011 3:25 am

As they were leaving, Chump trotted out ahead of them, but just as he cleared the doors, his ears pricked up, and in the next instant, he started barking madly and broke into a run, headed around the back of the building.

"Chump!" Without thinking, Skye sprinted after the dog.

Jack came out of the deserted building in a rush, gun in hand. “Skye!” He shouted after her. Breaking into a dead run he caught her. Taking hold of her arm. “Whoa girl. You can’t just run after the dog, no telling who might be out there.” He said as they stopped. He let go of her arm. “Sorry. I just can’t see either of us taking those kind of chances. Maybe in the daylight. Call Chump, get him back here and we can move on.”
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeAzuara Thu May 19, 2011 8:10 pm

Jack came out of the deserted building in a rush, gun in hand. “Skye!” He shouted after her.

Despite her concern for the dog, Skye had been well-trained since she was a child to listen to sharp calls, and she hesitated. "But..."

Breaking into a dead run he caught her. Taking hold of her arm. “Whoa girl. You can’t just run after the dog, no telling who might be out there.” He said as they stopped. He let go of her arm.

"Chump..." She looked at Jack, then relented, shaking her head. "I know...but..." Stupid dog!

“Sorry. I just can’t see either of us taking those kind of chances. Maybe in the daylight. Call Chump, get him back here and we can move on.”[/i]

"CHUMP!" she shouted, looking toward the back of the building and hoping the dog would listen. After all, he was a trained sheep dog, he knew better. Then she whistled and a moment later the dog trotted around the edge of the building, his tail wagging and tongue lolling out as if he had no care in the world. Kneeling down, Skye grabbed onto him and hugged him, burying her face in his soft fur as she started to cry again. So much had already happened and the thought of losing the dog, absurd though it was, was too much...

SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Fri May 20, 2011 3:51 am

Kneeling down, Skye grabbed onto him and hugged him, burying her face in his soft fur as she started to cry again. So much had already happened and the thought of losing the dog, absurd though it was, was too much...

Jack felt bad, but on the other hand, had anything happened to Skye he would have felt a whole lot worse. He hoped he hadn’t been too gruff. But he was wary, very wary of the dark and the situation. There was no law, the fear of the law would be dissipating rapidly as things broke down and the death toll rose. He had no experience with this sort of thing, except his time in Iraq and Afghanistan. But there had been law there. It wasn’t exactly a free for all like he was sure it would be here before to long, if it wasn’t in the big cities already.

He walked over to Skye and Chump and laid a hand on her shoulder. “Come on, time we got rolling. Not sure where we’re going, but we’re not there yet.”
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeAzuara Sat May 21, 2011 12:25 am

"I'm sorry..." Skye looked up at him, then grinned, wondering when she would be able to stop apologizing. Taking hold of Chump's collar, she followed Jack to the truck and climbed in.

"We're going to find your family, right?" she commented with more enthusiasm than she was feeling. After all, he was right...if they hadn't answered yet, it wasn't a good sign. "You know," she added, "the storm probably just knocked out the cell towers."
SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Sun May 22, 2011 7:18 am

"I'm sorry..." Skye looked up at him, then grinned, wondering when she would be able to stop apologizing. Taking hold of Chump's collar, she followed Jack to the truck and climbed in.

“Hey, no, really. Don’t worry about that. He’s a dog nd they do what they do.” Jack replied, feeling bad about his reaction. “I just don’t think it’s safe, day or night really. We’ll get moving.” He had left the truck running. Maybe not the best thing to do, but then again, there were vehicles everywhere.

"We're going to find your family, right?" she commented with more enthusiasm than she was feeling. After all, he was right...if they hadn't answered yet, it wasn't a good sign. "You know," she added, "the storm probably just knocked out the cell towers."

“Maybe, maybe not.” Was the response as he wheeled the truck back onto the interstate. “I have few illusions about what may or may not be the reality of this. Whatever this thing is that’s spreading, very few it would seem are immune like you and I, very few. And that may not be true either. Hell, I don’t know what to believe about all this. We’ll see.”
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeAzuara Sun May 22, 2011 7:12 pm

“Maybe, maybe not.” Was the response as he wheeled the truck back onto the interstate. “I have few illusions about what may or may not be the reality of this. Whatever this thing is that’s spreading, very few it would seem are immune like you and I, very few. And that may not be true either. Hell, I don’t know what to believe about all this. We’ll see.”

"I hope they're all right," Skye murmured, drawing her knees to her chest and propping her feet on the seat. She didn't want him to have to go through what she had, but realistically, things were not hopeful. It occurred to her that she was fortunate that he had come along and convinced her that it was a good idea to leave. "We'll figure it out..."

OFF
(go ahead and move us on if you want)
SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Tue May 24, 2011 4:03 am

“This thing is that’s spreading, very few it would seem are immune like you and I, very few. And that may not be true either. Hell, I don’t know what to believe about all this. We’ll see.”

"I hope they're all right," Skye murmured, drawing her knees to her chest and propping her feet on the seat. She didn't want him to have to go through what she had, but realistically, things were not hopeful. It occurred to her that she was fortunate that he had come along and convinced her that it was a good idea to leave. "We'll figure it out..."

“I hope so too, but I don’t know. I mean look at what we’ve seen this far. The truck stop was deserted, but there were folks in their cars and trucks that were dead. We see them all along the highway. I was surprised there weren’t any bodies in the place, though there could have been.” He said as he navigated the interstate, cars on and off the pavement. “Well, we’ll know soon enough. Maybe an hour to my company yard and half an hour to the house.”

An hour later . . . .

He stopped the Peterbuilt next to his Ford F150. “Well, we’re here. I’ll get the stuff in here transferred over and we can be on our way. He knew that there was a body in the office, and that would be a nasty visual for Sky. “Won’t take but a minute.” He shut it down and hopped out, opening the storage and hauling out the boxes of ammunition and the guns that weren’t in the cab. He then got his stuff from the sleeper and tossed it in the crew cab. “Need a hand with your stuff?”
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeAzuara Thu May 26, 2011 6:02 pm

He stopped the Peterbuilt next to his Ford F150. “Well, we’re here. I’ll get the stuff in here transferred over and we can be on our way. He knew that there was a body in the office, and that would be a nasty visual for Sky. “Won’t take but a minute.” He shut it down and hopped out, opening the storage and hauling out the boxes of ammunition and the guns that weren’t in the cab. He then got his stuff from the sleeper and tossed it in the crew cab. “Need a hand with your stuff?”

"I have the stuff that wasn't stowed..." While he had been taking care of the things in the storage compartments, she had moved over the things she'd had in the cab, and was now kneeling on the passenger seat, looking down at him. "Is there anything you want out of the sleeper?" she asked, "I mean, as long as I'm up here anyway..." She knew he was in a hurry and she wanted to help as much as she could.

SkyeAzuara
SkyeAzuara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Burton Fri May 27, 2011 6:42 pm

He then got his stuff from the sleeper and tossed it in the crew cab. “Need a hand with your stuff?”

"I have the stuff that wasn't stowed..." While he had been taking care of the things in the storage compartments, she had moved over the things she'd had in the cab, and was now kneeling on the passenger seat, looking down at him. "Is there anything you want out of the sleeper?" she asked, "I mean, as long as I'm up here anyway..." She knew he was in a hurry and she wanted to help as much as she could.

Jack paused, so engrossed in transferring things to his pickup he had all but forgotten his personal effects. “Yah there’s a couple pictures up there I gotta have, and my shaving kit. In the drawer on top. The others should be empty, but please, check them for me.” he was well aware that pictures of his family may be all he would have left of them. Not a pleasant thought, but a realistic one. He would know soon enough. That should be it, then we can get out of here.”
Jack Burton
Jack Burton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum